To our Community;
There have been some updates related to Covid-19 (look at Yukon.ca/Covid-19 for all the most recent and accurate information), of particular note this week the borders are being controlled with more vigilance. This means that miners and employees have to prove they have isolation plans arranged and a job starting at the end of those 14 days. Many of you have already asked us for copies of the documents we’ve prepared to help respond at the border, including the Job Offer and Declaration Prep forms, if you are a member and haven’t reached out please do so and I’ll send you what I have.
I’ve been told that folks heading north looking for work will be turned away. I am currently recommending Yuwin.ca as a possible resource for free job postings.
Earlier this week the CMOH shared six steps to staying safe:
- Practise physical distancing – keep two metres or six feet away from everyone who’s not in your household.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Stay home when you’re sick.
- Don’t gather in groups of 10 or more people.
- Don’t travel to communities unless it’s essential.
- Self-isolate when you’re required to – either because you’ve travelled into the territory or because you are a contact of someone diagnosed with or being investigated for COVID-19.
I’m happy to share that MANY miners are already doing the right things and have been doing so, safely, since well before the borders closed. Thank you to all the miners that are here, self-isolating and observing social spacing, washing your hands and saying safely in camp. We have an opportunity to help our local communities by buying our supplies locally, which we do anyway, and respecting the health and safety of all Yukoners by following the guidelines at Yukon.ca/Covid-19.
If there is anything I can do to help you or your operation please let me know. Take care, have a great weekend!